With the change in weather I have been craving all things peppermint. However with following THM, Starbucks’ peppermint mochas are out of the questions and they have never been friendly to my pocketbook. Thus I have created this delicious peppermint coffee that has been a nearly daily staple. Please note, this is more like a peppermint coffee/latte since it doesn’t have any chocolate but you try adding cocoa powder.
This recipe was adapted from the THM Winter Wonderland sip
- 10-12oz hot coffee (the largest or second largest setting on my Keurig)
- 2 1/2 tsp Super Sweet Blend or equivalent sweetener
- 1 tsp Pristine Whey Protein Powder or any unsweetened unflavored whey protein isolate powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp MCT oil
- small dash of salt (I use Trader Joe’s Himalayan Pink Salt)
I use the single serve cups for my Ninja blender but any blender will do. Be careful with blending hot liquids. I have found it easiest to combine the dry ingredients in a blender and liquids into a mug. Blend and enjoy!